Individual teachers have provided more information on their services, which they describe below in their own words. Clicking on the links will provide more detailed information.
- Jim Brackenbury is a certified ACBL and “Better Bridge” (Audrey Grant) teacher. He offers a series of nine-week ACBL courses at Goward House (250-477-4401) starting each January and October, using a “cards-on-the-table” approach, primarily aimed at intermediate or returning players who wish to update their game. The fall 2017 course, “Play of the Hand” will be afternoons starting October 16th. The January 2018 course, “Defence” will be on Monday afternoons starting January 8th. Register through Goward House at 250-477-4401.
- Ele Gibson is an ACBL accredited teacher who has been teaching bridge since 1987. She specialises in intermediate players who want to improve on the basics of bidding and defence or want to learn 2/1. Ele is interested in working with small groups (up to 3 tables) for several 2/3 hour sessions which include bidding, play of the hand and defence with a lesson and predealt hands.
- Delma Murray is an ACBL Accredited 4 Star Bridge Teacher & Director, Better Bridge Accredited Teacher and American Bridge Teachers Association Professional Member. She offers a variety of courses at Monterey Centre in Oak Bay. Check out her courses for Spring/Summer 2017.
- Roy Sadd is a Ruby Lifemaster who is TAP certified and will be teaching night classes at Monterey Seniors Center starting in the Fall of 2017. He is the club manager of Island Bridge Club and has been playing duplicate for 20 years.
- Duncan Smith is a Grand Life Master, the highest rank in the ACBL. He presents a pre-game lesson at 6:30 each Wednesday evening at the Victoria Bridge Centre and at 11:45 each Thursday at Island Bridge Club.
- Debbie Wastle is a Gold Life Master and ACBL Accredited Teacher with many years experience teaching beginners and intermediate players. She runs courses periodically throughout the year at Victoria Bridge Centre: look for the next set of lessons on the VBC website under the ‘VBC Lessons’ tab. She has also taught many ‘Tips for Tops’ sessions at the Sectionals and Regionals. Debbie’s favourite part of teaching is when a student comes up to her after a game and said that they used her lesson and got a good board!
- Ewa Zwicky is an accredited teacher who does private lessons for intermediate or advanced players in small groups (4-8). She specializes in teaching 2/1, cuebidding and defence.