The Canadian National Institute for the Blind is putting on a fundraising bridge game, Bridging Barriers Charity Game. Here’s a chance to contribute to a worthy cause while enjoying your favourite game.
- Where: on BBO
- When: Sunday, March 7, 2021 from 10:00AM -12:30PM (PST)
- Format: 18 boards, stratified A/B/C (point ranges to be announced).
- ACBL Club Championship rating points (2X the normal club black points).
- The game will be run through Island Bridge Club, with Roy Stefaniec directing.
- Prizes will be awarded to top E/W – N/S scores for all three strats.
- Grand Prize – a 38” strand of pearls donated by Stones Jewellry, valued at $1195.
- The winner will be announced on game day, Sunday, March 7 at 9:55 am.
The cost is $50, eligible for an income tax receipt for the whole amount.
(Please disregard previous information stating receipt was for $35.)
- Choose your partner (you must have a partner to play with, but register individually, to receive your tax receipt)
- Have your BBO username (handle) ready before you pre-register (required field).
- Pre-register through this link: https://www.classy.org/event/cnib-bridging-barriers/e317773
- Game day: log onto BBO between 9:00-9:30 am on Sunday, March 7.
- Select Challenge then All Tournaments. Type CNIB into the SEARCH field in the top right-hand corner.
- Click on CNIB and you will be placed at a table, one partner invites the other and you are ready to play!
- Draw for the Grand Prize takes place at 9:55 am, just before the game starts. Only players are eligible to win.
- If you have trouble logging on at game day, contact Roy Stefaniec at 250 812-1615.