For the second month in a row, we had 40 players submitting results.
Congratulations to Michael Cockerell who won with a quasi-perfect score of 490 points out of a possible 500. He receives a free game at VICTORIA CLUBS on BBO.
To see all results, scroll down to the bottom of this page (after Comments).
If you would like to know how the experts bid on these deals, open the May 2021 Bridge Bulletin around page 40. The e-version should be available before the end of April (logon to MyACBL on ACBL’s website). The print edition usually arrives in your mailbox during the first week of the month.
The May 2021 edition of It’s Your Call, Victoria is now posted on the website. All Victoria area players are invited to participate. Click here to play the current game.
If you want to reply or add your own comments, please send them to the webmaster. They will be added at the end of each problem in blue.
- Mike Vitchev: 4S – E-W being vulnerable must have some side values which makes slam questionable.
- sheldon spier: 5N – pick a slam. i cant see how to look for 7 myself. Pd needs so little for slam.
- nancy baal: 4N – pick a minor
- David Buckman: 4N – Blackwood – no agreed suit
- sheldon spier: 4S – pd didn’t double after 3D, but has the majors. we might have slam, but don’t want to risk down 1
- David Buckman: 3H – Interference, plus pard should go to 4 with a full overcall, or stop in 3
- sheldon spier: 3H – support is weak, but it is there.
- nancy baal: 2S – partner promises 5 spades
- Mike Vitchev: 3N – It’s worth it trying
- sheldon spier: 3S – good hand. extras. Pd can pass(unlikely), or bid 3NT or 4S
- nancy baal: 3S – promises 6 spades which are solid, max 1 loser.
- sheldon spier: 2H – i dont like game prospects. 3 poor D’s.