Thirty-eight players submitted results for August.
It was a tough game, with the winner, Sophie Watt, scoring 430 out of a possible 500. This is the second time Sophie comes in first, coincidentally with the same score. She receives a free game at VICTORIA CLUBS on BBO.
To see all results, scroll to the bottom of this page (after Comments).
If you would like to know how the experts bid on these deals, open the September 2020 Bridge Bulletin around page 40. The e-version should be available by September 1 (logon to MyACBL on ACBL’s website). The print edition usually arrives in your mailbox during the first week of the month.
The September 2020 edition of It’s Your Call, Victoria is now posted on the website. All Unit 431 members may participate. Click here to play the current game.
If you want to reply or add your own comments, please send them to the webmaster. They will be added at the end of each problem in blue.
- bill birney: 1S – Fourth-suit forcing. Partner’s next bid will reveal the universe.
- Alison Campbell: 2D – seems to be a choice between 1 NT and 2 D. I should have 6 diamonds for this bid, but the quality is good and 1N could be a disaster with no spade stoppers
- Sheila Kaye: 3D – Can’t bid NT with the spades unstopped.
- Nazmudin Rayani: 3N – P bids ♠️♥️I’ve ♦️ 10pts 3N
- Sheila Kaye: Pass – Assumes partner has the clubs stopped
- Nazmudin Rayani: Pass – 3N is final
- Nazmudin Rayani: 5C – P is showing at least 10 pts
- Nazmudin Rayani: Pass – P is penalty X
- No comments