For the February quiz, 36 players submitted results.
Congratulations to Sheldon Spier who won with 390 points out of a possible 500. He receives a free game at VICTORIA CLUBS on BBO.
To see all results, scroll to the bottom of this page (after Comments).
If you would like to know how the experts bid on these deals, open the March 2021 Bridge Bulletin around page 40. The e-version should be available before the end of February (logon to MyACBL on ACBL’s website). The print edition usually arrives in your mailbox during the first week of the month.
The March 2021 edition of It’s Your Call, Victoria is now posted on the website. All Victoria area players are invited to participate. Click here to play the current game.
If you want to reply or add your own comments, please send them to the webmaster. They will be added at the end of each problem in blue.
- sheldon spier: 3S – hmmm. not sure. good 5, probably 6 card suit. finessable if needed. got any extras?
- Bob MacDonald: 2N – Spades and a minor, hope it’s clubs
- Eleanor Calder: 3C – Depends what system you are playing over 1NT openers, I would show my minor
- Lorraine Smith: Pass – If playing DONT or Landy I pass. If playing Capelletti I would bid 3 D.
- Lynne Urner: Pass – West has 15-17 pts, p has few.
- ed blumenthal: 3C – double or 3C
- sheldon spier: 3N – free bid of 1H..needs very little for 3NT, vul in imps
- Nev Hircock: 4H – with 18 hcp and a spade void – don’t mind a Moysian fit
- sheldon spier: 2N – pd can’t X 2D. not sure here.
- sheldon spier: Double – big hand…DSI
- roy banner: 3H – hmmm how high could we go?
- sheldon spier: 2S – the double of 1S should show 4 spades