For the March quiz, we had 40 players submitting results.
Congratulations to John Miller who won with an impressive 470 points out of a possible 500. He receives a free game at VICTORIA CLUBS on BBO.
To see all results, scroll down to the bottom of this page (after Comments).
If you would like to know how the experts bid on these deals, open the April 2021 Bridge Bulletin around page 40. The e-version should be available before the end of March (logon to MyACBL on ACBL’s website). The print edition usually arrives in your mailbox during the first week of the month.
The April 2021 edition of It’s Your Call, Victoria is now posted on the website. All Victoria area players are invited to participate. Click here to play the current game.
If you want to reply or add your own comments, please send them to the webmaster. They will be added at the end of each problem in blue.
- sheldon spier: Double – DSI, not penalty. Partner is probably shapely in C and S, but I’m not sure where to go. May have 3H
- Jonathan Gage: Pass – Assuming exclusion
- sheldon spier: Pass – Boxed in. Why X instead of 2C? 2C does not deny a major. Pd could not act over 3H..likely not too much there.
- sheldon spier: Pass – Yikes. opening with weaker and weaker these days. Now I can’t properly express my hand. Unfortunately, this wont end the bidding, which is why we might need to bid on now.
- Eleanor Calder: 2N – Kokish bid
- sheldon spier: 2D – Q bid as 2C shows the pointed suits. I would have opened 1NT. Raise partner’s 2H to 3.
- sheldon spier: 3S – Wow.. partner has a great S and D hand. Perhaps 4S is the right bid.
- Eleanor Calder: Double – Responsive double