For May, 37 players submitted results.
There was a 3-way tie for first place among Don Copeland, Duncan Smith and a player who wishes to remain anonymous.
To see all results, scroll down to the bottom of this page (after Comments).
If you would like to know how the experts bid on these deals, open the June 2021 Bridge Bulletin around page 44. The e-version should be available before the end of May (logon to MyACBL on ACBL’s website). The print edition usually arrives in your mailbox during the first week of the month.
The June 2021 edition of It’s Your Call, Victoria is now posted on the website. All Victoria area players are invited to participate. Click here to play the current game.
If you want to reply or add your own comments, please send them to the webmaster. They will be added at the end of each problem in blue.
- sheldon spier: 3N – imp vul and pd does not need too much. I pass at mp
- bill birney: 3D – showing CA; partner, please bid 3H 🙂
- Lynne Urner: 3N – The dbl indicates spades covered by p
- Nazmudin Rayani: 3N – X by P, stopper in H
- sheldon spier: 3N – 6C ight be there.
- Nazmudin Rayani: Pass – NS are V
- Duncan Smith: 4N – Why did I bid 4S over 3S ?
- sheldon spier: 4H – pd has 2S’s, probably 2D’s, maybe 3. We might . make 4D, but I’m not sure. pdd mat have 5 hearts. I bid my power and shape
- Bob MacDonald: Double – assuming that double = redouble
- Karel Bennett: Double – Redouble
- Adrian Leitch: 4N – Neither of your suits seem good. Partner likes diamonds more than spades, but West doubles diamonds. Assuming West’s double is lead directing, the most diamond tricks West can reasonably make are 3 (assuming North and West have 4 diamonds), so play in 4NT.
- sheldon spier: 2S – yikes. that’s not a 6 card suit. Bidding the solid 3 card S is a better lie. I’ll accept any invite.
- Eleanor Calder: 2D – Fourth suit forcing to game
- sheldon spier: 3S – 3S or 4S? i would like to bid 3.5 S. Imps vul…hmmm.
- Adrian Leitch: 3N – Partner’s double for ?penalty presumably shows a heart stopper and at least 10 points.