Forty-one players participated in the November 2019 edition of It’s Your Call, Victoria!
Mike Ainsley was the winner with a score of 470 points (out of a possible 500). He will receive a free game, valid at local clubs, courtesy of Unit 431.
And a big thank you to all the players who commented on the problems.
To see all results, scroll to the bottom of this page (after Comments).
If you would like to see what the experts bid on these deals, look in the December 2019 Bridge Bulletin (page 40). The e-version should be available around December 3 (logon to MyACBL on ACBL‘s website). The print edition usually arrives in your mailbox during the first week of the month.
The December 2019 edition of It’s Your Call, Victoria is now posted on the website. All Unit 431 members in good standing may participate. Click here to play the current game.
If you want to reply or add your own comments, please send them to the webmaster. They will be added at the end of each problem in blue.
- Mike Ainsley: 2D – 2 diamonds should be forcing for one round
- sheila kaye: 3D – would like to show both minor suits, but don’t know how
- Bill V.: 2C – Intend to bid diamonds strongly next
- Lorraine Smith: 2H – Hopefully partner will take this to be the minors.
- Mike Ainsley: 4D – showing good diamonds and 4 card support for hearts. Some partnerships play 6-4 to show this hand
- Mike Black: 2S – the cue bid should be stronger than a negative double. With a big hand partner should cue bid aces. If not we play 4 Hearts
- Helen Lindholm: 3H – Did not mention ♦️Plan to ask for aces after partner goes to game
- Lorraine Smith: 4H – I have enough for game. Partner may only have 6 points, may have more and can always bid 4NT.
- Mike Black: 4S – if partner has anything at all game is on. Can’t afford not to try.
- Lorraine Smith: Double – See if partner has support for either of my other suits.
- Mike Black: Pass – my black kings are at real risk.
- Lorraine Smith: 2H – Let partner know I have 6.
- Mike Ainsley: 4D – after 3 spades 4 diamonds should be forcing. Hopefully partner can show a heart stopper
- Mike Black: 4D – SOS redbl??
- Lorraine Smith: Double – Partner reversed so has a big hand. I think we can set them for a big penalty.