Thirty-seven players participated in the September 2019 edition of It’s Your Call, Victoria.
Winning with a rare perfect score (500) was John Miller who receives a free game, valid at local clubs, courtesy of Unit 431.
To see all results, scroll to the bottom of this page (after Comments).
If you would like to see what the experts bid on these deals, look in the October 2019 Bridge Bulletin (page 40). The e-version should be available around October 3 (logon to MyACBL on ACBL‘s website). The print edition usually arrives in your mailbox during the first week of the month.
The October 2019 edition of It’s Your Call, Victoria is now posted on the website. All Unit 431 members in good standing may participate. Click here to play the current game.
If you want to reply or add your own comments, please send them to the webmaster. They will be added at the end of each problem in blue.
- Gord McOrmond: 3C – LTC of 5. Reversing might open up a can of worms.
- Catherine Mustafa: 2D – You want to hear more from responder and no stopper in spades.
- Gord McOrmond: 1N – Nice to have extras when I only have one stopper
- Gord McOrmond: 2S – Don’t like the vibes (on a bidding challenge). NV and East is sitting over our spade honours.
- Gord McOrmond: 3D – I am willing to possible give up on a club cuebid, to look for grand slam. 2A and the DK.
- dick vission: 3H – splinter
- Duncan Smith: 2N – I expect a total score of about 225.
- Gord McOrmond: Pass – 3S P P, back to me?
- Catherine Mustafa: Double – Double allows for partner to bid a stopper in clubs or find a fit in D’s or H’s.
- Bob MacDonald: Double – If partner bids 3c, correct to 3d
|C Ann Brydon||270|
|Betty Lee Sinclair||250|