We had 37 players participating in the June 2019 edition of It’s Your Call, Victoria!
Bob MacDonald won the bidding quiz with an impressive total of 490 points (out of a possible 500). He will receive a free game, valid at local clubs, courtesy of Unit 431.
Honourable mentions go to Holly Boudreau (second with 440) and Don Copeland (third with 420).
To see all results, scroll to the bottom of this page (after Comments).
If you would like to see what the experts bid on these deals, look in the July 2019 Bridge Bulletin (page 40). The e-version should be available around July 3 (logon to MyACBL on ACBL‘s website). The print edition usually arrives in your mailbox during the first week of the month.
The July 2019 edition of It’s Your Call, Victoria is now posted on the website. All Unit 431 members in good standing may participate. Click here to play the July game.
If you want to reply or add your own comments, please send them to the webmaster. They will be added at the end of each problem in blue.
- Bob MacDonald: 4C – Gerber
- lionel traverse: Pass – we seem to have 28 points maximum together. although my C look promising, it would be a gamble to bid 6NT
- Ken Putt: 5C – Singleton diamond makes NT too risky, but point count means game should be there.
- lionel traverse: 5D – my p has a minimum of 5 points outside D, surely he must lock C, and we should lose no more than 2 tricks.
- C. Ann Brydon: Pass – I would bid again after hearing Opps bid
- lionel traverse: Pass – D is preventing 1NT bid, just wait and see. we are vulnerable.
- lionel traverse: 2D – Hopefully my p will realize this cue bid shows both Majors. We can always end in 2NT
- lionel traverse: 4N – I will ask for RKC in H, but will close at 6 or 7C.
|C. Ann Brydon||400|